What We Do
Workshops & Retreats
The Oak Barn, Frame Farm offers exceptional modern facilities within captivating historic buildings to create a perfect location for inspiring creativity.
Frame Farm has two versatile barns, each with their own distinct character and perfect for inspiring creativity. They have excellent natural daylight, superb lighting and sound systems, complimentary high speed Internet access and underfloor heating. Both are powered by renewable energy from a biomass boiler and solar photovoltaic panels giving your stay a low carbon footprint.
In addition, our brand new caterer's kitchen is perfect for conducting cooking demonstrations and classes, or for one of our local suppliers to cater for you during your stay. All this combined with 5 cottages, the courtyard and terrace, 20 acres of sheep field, a trickling waterfall and wildlife pond, we provide an ideal place to learn, sooth your mind and spirit, and be inspired by spectacular views.
Frame Farm is conveniently located mid-way between Royal Tunbridge Wells and the charming seaside town of Rye with easy access to London Bridge from Staplehurst station in 45 minutes.
Discounted or nominal hire rates for charitable events or not for profit organisations will be considered on a discretionary basis and we welcome these enquiries.
Please contact Tim or Deana for further details or to arrange a viewing.
Q. Where can we host our workshop?
A. We have two contrasting barns for you to choose from:
- THE OAK BARN’S spectacular high-vaulted roof and rustic beams envelop you in its historic charm and character. Natural daylight floods the barns through floor to ceiling glass doors, which open onto the courtyard
- With its simple elegance and all encompassing views, THE BYRE and its terrace are the perfect place to hold your workshop
Q. What type of workshop can I run at Frame Farm?
A. Our two barns and terrace, plus the farm’s 22 acres of sheep pasture, mean the variety of courses and workshops that can be run here are endless.
Q. We would like to run a yoga course in winter, will it be too cold?
A. Our barns are perfect for yoga, as both have underfloor heating, and The Oak Barn has a cosy wood burner.
Q. Can we hold our workshop outside?
A. Yes, in good weather you can use The Byre’s terrace with its beautiful views down the valley and across the wildlife pond, or even one of our fields. Please discuss your requirements with Tim or Deana as we have livestock in the fields and nearby.
Q. What happens if it rains on the day?
A. A final decision will be made between Tim or Deana and yourself that morning.
Q. What is the capacity of The Oak Barn?
A. We can:
- seat about 150 conference style
- seat 134 for dinner
- host about 200 for reception drinks
Q. What is the capacity of The Byre?
A. We can:
- seat 80 conference style
- seat 50 for a dinner
- host 100 for reception drinks
Q. We are planning a small workshop, will your barns feel too big?
A. Not at all, we have the smaller Byre with stunning views down the valley or, The Oak Barn is divided by historic walls which ensures that small workshops work just as well as larger ones.
Q. Do you have a microphone and PA system?
A. The Byre has wonderful acoustics so that you do not need a microphone or PA system. The Oak Barn has a PA system with a wireless microphone for your use.
Q. Can we live stream our course?
A. Yes, we have Wifi in both barns and, if necessary, we can put you in touch with an audio visual company to assist you.
Q. Can we play music?
A. Yes, we have a Bose sound system in The Oak Barn as well as in The Byre and on The Byre's terrace. Please ensure that your playlist has been downloaded, just in case!
Q. What is available at your venue?
- Choice of two stunning Grade II listed barns with a terrace and a courtyard, set in Kent's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Terrace with views down the valley and across our wildlife pond, and a secluded courtyard for your reception
- A picturesque pond with a waterfall and pontoon
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen (for use by commercial caterers)
- Seating for a presentation in The Byre or on The Byre’s terrace
- Outdoor furniture
- Barstools and four oak tables on the terrace outside The Byre or by the bar in The Oak Barn
- Five sets of tables and chairs on Weaver’s Cottage’s terrace
- The option to add a 9m x 9m marquee on the south side of The Oak Barn, if additional space is required
- The option to add a 9m x 6m marquee on The Byre’s terrace, if additional space is required
- High tech mood lighting system in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- High tech PA and sound system with microphone in The Oak Barn
- High tech sound system in The Byre
- Wifi in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- Under floor heating in both barns
- Contemporary log burner in The Oak Barn
- Air cooling and heat extraction system in The Oak Barn
- Onsite parking
- Both barns are licensed for alcohol and music
- No corkage
- Vat included
Q. Do you have catering?
A. We do not have an inhouse caterer, but we do have fantastic local caterers who can assist you with all your needs.
Q. Can you supply tables and chairs for our workshop, course or meal?
A. Tables and chairs for your workshop, course or meal need to be hired.
Q. Do you have disabled access?
A. Yes, the barns, courtyard and parking areas have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn a fully equipped disabled toilet for wheelchair users. 5 Weaver’s Cottage is also wheelchair accessible.
Q. Do you have a bar?
A. We do have a bar for your use, which Tim lovingly created from oak from our felled tree. If you would like a pay bar, please ask your caterer, choose from one of our suppliers or feel free to source your own.
Q. Do you charge corkage?
A. We do not believe corkage is fair, so we do not make the charge and we do not allow any suppliers to charge it either.
Q. What time can the dinner following our workshop go on until?
A. We are licensed for music and alcohol until 11:00pm, your participants then have half an hour to say their goodbyes if they are not staying on site.
Q. Do you have noise restrictions?
A. Yes, if you are having amplified music all doors do need to be closed. You and your participants are welcome to come and go, the doors will just swing shut behind them.
Q. Can we decorate the barns?
A. Absolutely, but please run your ideas past us first to ensure they are within health and safety guidelines.
Q. Can cars be left overnight?
A. Absolutely, non-resident guests can leave their cars but we ask that they are collected by 10:30am the next morning.
Q. We would like to run a retreat, do you have accommodation at the farm?
A. Yes, we have 9 bedrooms (11 beds) in our five luxurious Weaver's Cottages, which are across the courtyard from The Oak Barn. There is also an excellent selection of accommodation walking distance from the farm, and in the surrounding areas from Airbnb to boutique hotels.
Q. What time is check in and check out?
A. Check in is 3pm and check out is 10am.
Q. What is included in Weaver's Cottages?
- A one bedroom cottage and four two bedroom cottages, which has 9 bedrooms (7 double rooms and 2 twin rooms)
- 1 Weaver's Cottage has a king room and twin room
- 2 Weaver's Cottage has a double room and a twin room
- 3 and 4 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 5 Weaver's Cottage has a king room
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living space in each cottage
- Shower room in 1-4 Weaver’s Cottages
- Bathroom with walk in shower and bath in 5 Weaver’s Cottage
- Dressing tables with makeup light and mirror
- Smart TV with freeview
- Towels and linen in all cottages
- Iron and ironing board
Q. When can we come and view the farm?
A. You are welcome to visit, so please contact Tim or Deana to arrange.
Q. What is the payment process?
- £1,000 non-refundable booking fee is required at the time of booking to reserve your date. This is held for a 14 day cooling off period and to allow for the preparation and signing of the contract
- Final balance is due 3 months before your workshop date
- A week before your workshop we will require a security deposit