What We Do
Weaver's Cottages are tastefully decorated with a mix of modern and classical furnishings that offer elegance, comfort and luxury. All 5 cottages feature a delightful open plan living area, with floor to ceiling glass windows and doors, and stylish bedrooms. Each is furnished to a high standard with your enjoyment in mind.
The cottage’s South facing terrace is perfect for an alfresco drink, or enjoy a BBQ on The Byre’s terrace whilst watching the sun set down the sheep valley and relaxing to the sound of the pond’s waterfall.
Naturally cocooned by the landscape, and dating from 1607, the sustainably-run Weaver's Cottages is an ideal retreat to explore Kent and Sussex. The gardens and wildlife have been thoughtfully planted to give them a natural yet vibrant feel.
Countryside walks surround the farm, and Benenden’s village and two pubs are a stroll away. The historic towns of Cranbrook and Tenterden are close by as well as some outstanding restaurants, and many different attractions including Sissinghurst Castle Gardens, Great Dixter, Bodiam Boating Station and Bedgebury Pinetum. Kent has a vibrant wine and gin region and is home to Chapel Down, Gusbourne, Nytimber, Woodchurch and Anno Distillers to name just a few. Also, within half an hour is the seaside town of Rye and Camber Sands, with its five miles of fine golden sand.
For group holidaying, our cottages can sleep up to 18 people and The Byre is available for communal dining.
Please contact Tim or Deana for availability or prices.
Like any small business, we continue to learn and adapt to the new and changing public health advice. We ask for your understanding and cooperation as we work together to ensure that government guidelines are adhered to and industry 'best practice' is followed so that we protect our guests and our community.
Q. What are you doing to ensure that we have a safe stay at Frame Farm?
A. We respectfully ask that if you, or anyone in your party, displays the following symptoms prior to or on the day of your arrival please stay at home and self-isolate and do not travel to the farm:
- A raised temperature
- Repetitive or persistent cough
- A change or loss of your sense of taste or smell
Q. What are you doing on our arrival at the farm?
- We have hand sanitiser for your use
- We will wear masks to take each guest’s temperature using a non-contact forehead thermometer. We trust that you will not find this too intrusive and will understand that this assists us in keeping the farm free from any virus outbreaks, thereby protecting you, and allowing us to protect our local community. If anyone has a raised temperature we regret that they will not be able to stay at the farm
- We will maintain a social distance from you of 2 metres
Q. What measures have you introduced due to Coronavirus?
- A covid cleaning checklist will be emailed to you before your arrival so that you can see exactly what measures that have been
- We have reassessed our turnaround strategy between stays to ensure we have sufficient time to deep clean the cottages between each stay. We have increased our cleaning procedures in line with industry standards established by the Professional Association of Self-Caterers UK (PASC UK)
- We have reevaluated our cleaning products and have adopted disinfectant that is effective against ‘enveloped’ viruses, including Coronavirus. It is approved to EN14476 standard. The cottages are now not only being thoroughly cleaned but also disinfected in a two-stage approach between guests’ stays
- All our linen is steamed once on beds, this is effective against Coronavirus
- We have removed all non-essential items from our cottages as this ensures they can be cleaned more effectively. These include:
- guest books and magazines
- cushions and throws from the bedrooms
- additional cushions from the sofa
- most manuals for appliances but we have laminated some. Please ask if you need any help
- all kitchen food items including milk, teabags, salt, pepper, sugar, sauces etc
- If we have more than one cottage of guests at the farm we must remove the garden furniture (regrettably) from The Byre’s terrace, usually available for your use. If you would like to bring your own deckchairs/camping chairs to use on The Byre's terrace please do, but we advise you do not leave them unattended if we have other guests (there is an outside table and chairs for your use on the terrace outside your cottage)
Q. What measures will you be asking us to take?
- Please wash your hands thoroughly with soap on each occasion that you enter to your cottage (this is in line with current public health guidance).We prefer to use soap for hand cleaning on the farm, rather than hand sanitiser, but appreciate that you may prefer the practical benefits of hand sanitiser; if so, please do bring your own supplies with you
- On entry to your cottage, we recommend you remove your shoes and leave them by the front door
- The Government’s current public health advice is that a maximum of 6 people can socialise and we ask you to respect this guidance while staying in our cottages. Current guidelines also ask individuals (who do not live together) to maintain a 2 metre distance
Q. Can we have visitors?
A. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus situation, no outside guests may visit the farm. Please feel free to discuss this with us.
Q. What are the check out procedures?
A. Check out is at 10am. As per the Professional Association Self Caterers’ (PASC) guidance, and because of Coronavirus, we respectfully request that before your departure you take the following steps to ensure the safety of our team:
- Please remove all your sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, pillow and mattress protectors, bath and kttowels at the end of your stay and bag these up in the bin bags that have been left for you on the shelf in each bedroom’s wardrobe area. Please leave the bagged linen in the main living area
- Empty the fridge of all contents
- Empty the bathroom, kitchen, food and recycling bins, into the farm’s main bins located at the side of the Pole Barn
- Please leave both door keys and TV remote in the bowl on the dining table
Q. How many cottages do you have at Frame Farm?
A. We have 5 luxurious Weaver’s Cottages in one converted weaving house and oast that has a South facing terrace spanning its length.
- 1 Weaver's Cottage has a king room and twin room
- 2 Weaver's Cottage has a double room and a twin room
- 3 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 4 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 5 Weaver's Cottage has a king four poster bed
Q. What do the cottages feature?
- 1-4 Weaver’s Cottages have two bedrooms and a shower room upstairs, with an open plan lounge, dining and kitchen area downstairs
- 5 Weaver’s Cottage is on the ground floor and has a stunning four poster bed with a large ensuite bathroom with a walk in shower and bath. It also features an open plan lounge area with kitchen and dining
- All cottages have:
- fully kitted kitchen including knives, utensils, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery, glassware, cafetiere, cling film and foil
- kitchen basics - oil, ketchup, brown sauce, chilli powder, herbs, tea, coffee, milk and sugar (regrettably, these items have had to be removed for your safety during the Coronavirus pandemic)
- dressing tables with makeup light and mirror
- smart TV with freeview
- towels and linen
- iron and ironing board
- handheld hoover, dustpan & brush
- recycling bins
- Charcoal BBQs for use on your cottage's terrace or The Byre’s terrace. Please ask us if you could like one
Q. Are any of the cottages wheelchair accessible?
A. 5 Weaver’s Cottage is wheelchair accessible, as are all the barns, courtyard and terraces. Please call us to discuss your requirements.
Q. What time is check in and check out?
A. Check in is 3pm and check out is 10am.
Q. Is there good mobile signal and Wifi signal?
A. The mobile signal is poor but there is Wifi throughout the farm.
Q. Is there a microwave?
A. The kitchens do not have microwaves as standard but if you would like one then please do ask.
Q. Can I book all 5 cottages and is there somewhere for us to all dine and socialise together?
A. Yes, we can accommodate up to 18 people in 9 bedrooms (7 double rooms and 2 twin rooms) and for an extra fee you can have use of The Byre, an intimate barn that overlooks the wildlife pond and our sheep fields.
Q. Can we bring our pets?
A. No, we are a working sheep farm so cannot allow pets. Sorry!
Q. What is your smoking policy?
A. Smoking only permitted on Weaver’s Cottages terrace, in the courtyard between Weaver's Cottages and The Oak Barn, and on The Byre's terrace. It is not permitted in the cottages, the carpark or any barns including the open fronted Pole Barn. Please use ashtrays provided.
Grounds & Gardens
Q. Is there a private area for our cottage?
A. The cottages are in one weaving house and oast that has a terrace running the length of the building. Each cottage has their own tables and chairs in a small area on this terrace outside their cottage.
Q. Can we walk around the farm?
A. You are very welcome to walk through the fields but you do so at your own risk. We ask that you keep gates closed and look out for farm vehicles. If you are pregnant, please make sure you do not come into contact with livestock.
Q. Can we use The Byre’s terrace?
A. You are very welcome to use The Byre's terrace, tables and chairs for relaxing or a meal, or for a BBQ (regrettably, during the Coronavirus pandemic, if we have more than one cottage of guests at the farm the furniture has to be removed from The Byre’s terrace for your safety, but you are welcome to use your own deck/camping chairs or bring down your table and chairs from Weaver’s Cottages terrace).
- Cushions for the outside chairs are in the large grey box near The Byre. They are not waterproof so please return to the box when you leave the terrace. Thank you! (regrettably, during the Coronavirus pandemic, if we have more than one cottage of guests at the farm the cushions will not be available for use)
Q. Can we have a BBQ?
A. You are welcome to have a BBQ outside your cottage on the terrace or on The Byre’s terrace. Please ask us for one of our coal BBQs (you will need to supply the coal).
Q. Can we play music?
A. Yes, but we ask you to be respectful of other guests and play music at low level and turn it off if it is causing a nuisance.
Q. Is the pond safe for swimming?
A. No, swimming in our fenced deep pond is prohibited. Children must be supervised at all times and may not enter the area around the pond unsupervised under any circumstances.
Parties & Events
Q. Can we have a party or event at the farm?
A. We are primarily an events venue so yes, we can help organise a wonderful party/event for you. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and for a quote.
Q. What is the capacity of The Oak Barn?
A. We can seat 134 guests and host about 200 for the evening reception.
Q. What is the capacity of The Byre?
A. We can seat up to 65 guests and host about 100 for the evening reception.
Q. We are planning a small party/event, will the barn feel too big?
A. Depending on the size of your event we have the elegant The Byre with stunning view down the valley or, The Oak Barn is divided by historic walls which can ensure an intimate feel.
Q. What does the venue offer?
- Both barns are licensed for alcohol and music
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen (to be used by commercial caterers only)
- Ladies, gentlemen's and disabled toilets
- Stage for your band or DJ
- Outdoor furniture, barstools and tables on the terrace outside The Byre
- The option to add a 9m x 9m marquee on the south side of The Oak Barn, if additional space is required
- The option to add a 12m x 6m marquee on The Byre’s terrace, if additional space is required
- Terrace with breath-taking views down the valley and across our wildlife pond, or secluded courtyard for your drinks reception
- A picturesque pond with a waterfall and pontoon for a peaceful stroll and photography
- Sculptured grass and perennial garden forming a wonderful backdrop for your photographs
- High tech mood lighting system in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- High tech PA and sound system with microphone in The Oak Barn
- High tech sound system in The Byre
- Wifi in all areas
- Easel for your seating plan
- Under floor heating system in both barns
- Contemporary log burner in The Oak Barn with a basket of wood for a cosy evening
- Air cooling and heat extraction system in The Oak Barn for those hot balmy nights
- Onsite parking
- No corkage
- Vat included
Q. Do you have any packages?
A. We believe that every party/event should be as unique therefore, we do not have our own caterers but we do have a list of local suppliers which can assist you will all your needs. I am pleased to say we do not charge corkage and because we offer a fully equipped kitchen it means your caterers will not need to hire in equipment.
Q. Do you have disabled access?
A. Yes, the barns, courtyard and parking areas have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn a fully equipped disabled toilet for wheelchair users.
Q. Do you supply tables and chairs for the meal?
A. Tables and chairs for your wedding breakfast need to be hired as there are so many different types for you to choose from and we are unable to stock them all.
Q. Do you have a microphone and PA system?
A. The Byre has wonderful acoustics so that you do not need a microphone or PA system. The Oak Barn has a PA system with a wireless microphone for your use.
Q. Do you have a bar?
A. We have a bar which Tim lovingly created from Oak from our felled tree. If you want a pay bar please ask your caterer, choose from one of our suppliers or feel free to source your own.
Q. Do you charge corkage?
A. We do not believe corkage is fair so we do not make this charge and we do not allow any suppliers to charge it either.
Q. What time can we party until?
A. We are licensed for music and alcohol until 11:00pm except for New Year's Eve when we are licensed until 1:00am, your guests then have half an hour to say their goodbyes.
Q. Do you have noise restrictions?
A. Yes, once the amplified music begins all doors do need to be closed. You and your guests are welcome to come and go but the doors will just swing shut behind them.
Q. Can we have fireworks?
A. No, we are a working farm, as are many of our neighbours, and fireworks will scare the animals.
Q. Can we have Chinese lanterns?
A. No, not only do we have our own fire safety issues but the debris impacts on locals and farmland. This is recommended by the Country Land Association.
Q. Can we decorate the barns?
A. Absolutely, but please run your ideas past us first to ensure they are within health and safety guidelines.
Q. Can we have candles?
A. We do not allow any naked flames but you are welcome to use LED candles.
Q. Can cars be left overnight?
A. Absolutely, non resident guests can leave their cars but we ask that they are collected by 10:30am the next morning.
Q. What churches are nearby?
Q. What nearby attractions do you have?
- Excellent country walks straight from our farm gate up to the village of Benenden and the surrounding farmland and woods
- Picturesque Benenden Village with The Bull at Benenden pub, Wards & Son butchers, Benenden’s (our café, shop and post office), village hall and play park is a short drive or walk up a footpath between the fields
- Footpaths to Iden Green lead to a children’s play area and The Woodcock pub
- Some of England’s finest vineyards and spirit distilleries are 10-15 minutes away including Anno, Chapel Down, Hush Heath, Gusbourne, Nyetimber, Woodchurch and Biddenden
- Bewl Water with its 12.5-mile perimeter footpath round the reservoir and options of bike hire, water sports and much more, TN3 8JH
- Bedgebury with many free play areas, rental mountain bikes and Go Ape, TN17 2SJ
- Sissinghurst Castle and Gardens, TN17 2AB
- Rye and Camber Sands, the South East's only sand beach, TN31 7RJ
- The quaint village of Tenterden with Kent and East Sussex Steam Railway, TN30 6HE
- Lovely village of Cranbrook is 10 minutes away, TN17 3EE
- Bodiam Castle (and steam train station is about 20 minutes away, TN32 5UA
- Bodiam Boating Station on the river with boat hire and café, TN31 6FE
- Scotney Castle in LamberhurstTN3 8JN
- Rare Breeds Centre near Woodchurch, TN26 3RJ
- Reindeer Centre in Ashford, TN26 3EQ
Q. What restaurants and pubs are there in the area?
- Apicius in Cranbrook, TN17 3HF
- The Bull at Benenden, TN17 4DE
- Cloudberry in Cranbrook, TN17 3HE
- The Curlew in Bodium, TNew 5UY
- The Greathouse in Hawkhurst, TN18 5EJ
- The Milkhouse in SissinghurstTN17 2JG
- The Queen’s Inn in Hawkhurst, TN18 4EY
- The Small Holding at Kilndown, TN17 2SG
- The Vineyard in Lamberhurst- child friendly garden, TN3 8EU
- The Woodcock in Iden Green, TN17 4HT
- The West House in Biddenden - Michelin Starred restaurant, TN27 8AH
Q. Where can I go buy groceries and go shopping?
- Benenden’s community café, shop and postoffice, TN17 4DB
- Ward & Sons butchers in Benenden, TN17 4DG
- Co-op in Cranbrook, TN17 3DQ
- Tesco Metro in Hawkhurst, TN18 4HG
- Waitrose in Hawkhurst, TN18 4JB
- Tesco Supermarket in Tenterden, TN30 7LN
- Waitrose Supermarket in Tenterden, TN30 6BW
- Tunbridge wells is our largest town, TN1 2SS
- McArthurGlen retail outlet in Ashford, TN24 0SD
- Fremlin Walk in Maidstone, ME14 1PS
Q. Are there local taxis?
A. Yes but please ensure you book them as far in advance as possible as we are in a rural location and they are in high demand. For groups, it is more cost effective to share a minibus than hire individual taxis.
- Anita Meekins has cars up to an 8 seater - Tel: 07774 672 043
- Clarkes Minibus Hire in Biddenden - Tel: 01580 292095
- Clive has Elba Private Hire - Tel: 07785 112021
- T&S Cars Ltd has cars up to an 7 seater - Tel: 01580 851000
- Yozi has a 7 seater - Tel: 07542 660662
Rates, Booking & Payment Process
Q. How much does a cottage cost?
A. All our cottages are the same price. They vary depending on the season but prices start at £197 per night (minimum two night stay) and £565 per week. Please contact us for your rate and availability.
Q. How can I book a cottage?
A. Please contact us for availability and a special rate. Details we are need are:
- Name, address, email, mobile number
- Check in and check out date
- Which cottage(s) you would like
- Number of adults and children
Q. How long will you hold a cottage for us?
A. Once we have sent an invoice we will hold the cottage for 24 hours whilst we wait for payment.
Q. What is the payment process?
- We ask for 25% of the cost at booking and then the remaining 75% 30 days before your arrival
- A week before your arrival we ask for a £100 per cottage, security deposit
Q. Do you take credit cards?
A. No, I’m sorry but we don’t have credit card facilities.
Q. What is your cancellation policy?
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 30 days before check in
- 50% refund if you cancel at least 14 days before check in
- No refund if you cancel less than 14 days before check in
Q. What is your Coronavirus refund policy?
A. If you are unable to visit us due to a national lockdown, a local lockdown in your area or in Benenden then we will refund you 100% of your fee.