- Where can I get married and who will conduct my ceremony?
- We have 4 stunning indoor and outdoor ceremony areas for you to choose from. The Oak Barn team will register your intent to marry with the Kent County Council, who will then arrange for a registrar and celebrant to officiate your marriage on your Wedding day. If you wish for a church ceremony then the beautiful St. George’s Church is a short stroll away and Revd David Commander would be happy to chat about your wedding plans.
- What is the capacity of the barns?
- The Oak Barn – 135 for your ceremony and seated meal, and up to 200 for an evening reception The Byre – 100 for ceremony and reception drinks The Byre’s terrace – 135 for your ceremony and reception drinks The Pole Barn – 135 for your ceremony and reception drinks
- Do you charge corkage?
- We are a no-corkage venue, so you are welcome to BYO. Alternatively, our catering partners can provide and serve any drinks you desire.
- Can we extend our stay?
- Absolutely, as well as one day weddings we also host weekend or multi day weddings. We pride ourselves in enabling you to create a bespoke wedding experience, so please do discuss your ideas with our team.
- Do you have accommodation nearby?
- In addition to our 6 cottages, which can sleep up to 20 guests, we have a list of local accommodation that is either walking distance or 10-20 minutes’ drive away. They range from cosy self-catering cottages to lovely B&Bs, boutique hotels or even multi-bedroomed houses and modern barns.
- Do you have an event planning service?
- Our team has a wealth of experience to help you plan and organise your wedding or event. From your initial viewing, we are here to answer all your questions. A fundamental part of your wedding planning will be a meeting with your allocated manager about 4-6 weeks before your wedding to ensure everything is in order and runs smoothly on the day. Your manager will also be at the farm throughout your stay to oversee the running of your wedding, through to waving you off on your honeymoon.
- Do you have parking on site?
- We have 52 all-weather parking spaces at the farm, and if our fields are dry then these can be used as overflow. Cars can be left overnight but will need to be collected by an agreed time the next day. We also have a Green Travel Plan where we highly recommend car sharing, or pre-booking taxis and minibuses (sorry but there is no uber and you won’t be able to call a taxi that evening). You can even cycle or stroll from two local villages.
- Do you have heating and air conditioning?
- The Oak Barn has air conditioning as well as a cosy woodburner, and both The Oak Barn and The Byre have underfloor heating.
- Do you have a recommended suppliers list?
- We have a fabulous list of local and trusted suppliers to assist with all aspects of your wedding.
- Are you Wheelchair friendly?
- Yes, our barns, courtyard and terraces have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn has a disabled toilet. 5 Weaver’s Cottage, one of our sumptuous wedding cottages, is also wheelchair accessible.
- Can my pet be a part of my ceremony?
- We would love to welcome your pet to the farm for your ceremony and photos. Please do discuss this with our team as there are criteria that you have to fulfil for the Kent County Council to agree.
- Can we have fireworks, Chinese lanterns or candles?
- We love sparklers so it’s a yes to that! We are a working farm so sorry no fireworks or Chinese lanterns. We also need to protect our stunning Grade II listed barns so we do not allow any naked flames, but you are very welcome to use LED candles.
Do you have any other questions?
If so, we’d love to hear from you: 01580 441571 or [email protected]