What We Do
Corporate Events & Team Building
Grandeur and heritage meets cutting-edge technology at The Oak Barn, the quintessential location of choice to impress and inspire. Frame Farm offers two versatile barns, each with their own distinct character, to suit all occasions whether formal or informal. Both The Oak Barn and The Byre have natural daylight, complimentary high speed Internet access and dedicated audio facilities. Combined with the courtyard and terrace, 22 acres of sheep field, a trickling waterfall and wildlife pond, Frame Farm provides an ideal venue to engage and bond with your clients and colleagues whilst breaking away from the office.
From an elegant meeting barn to a stunning conference barn, and luxurious contemporary accommodation in five cottages, we offer a level of service and state-of-the art technical facilities that will ensure a flawless experience from start to finish.
Frame Farm is conveniently located mid-way between Royal Tunbridge Wells and the charming seaside town of Rye with easy access to London Bridge from Staplehurst station in 45 minutes.
Discounted or nominal hire rates for charitable events or not for profit organisations will be considered on a discretionary basis and we welcome these enquiries.
Please contact Tim or Deana to discuss your requirements and arrange a viewing.
Q. Where can we host our conference, meeting, exhibition, team building day?
A. We have two contrasting barns for you to choose from or you are welcome to use both, one for your meeting and the other for your meal and/or activity or break out space:
- THE OAK BARN’S spectacular high-vaulted roof and rustic beams envelop you in its historic charm and character. Natural daylight floods the barns through floor to ceiling glass doors, which open onto the courtyard
- With its simple elegance and all encompassing views, THE BYRE, its terrace and adjacent field are the perfect place to hold your meeting and team building
Q. Can we hold our meeting outside?
A. Yes, in good weather you can seat delegates on The Byre’s terrace with its beautiful views down the valley and across the wildlife pond.
Q. Can we hold team building exercises in the fields?
A. Yes, but please discuss with Tim or Deana as we have livestock in our fields and nearby.
Q. What happens if it rains on the day?
A. A final decision will be made between Tim or Deana and yourself that morning.
Q. What is the capacity of The Oak Barn?
A. We can:
- seat 134 for dinner
- seat about 150 for a conference
- host about 200 for reception drinks
Q. What is the capacity of The Byre?
A. We can:
- seat 50 for a dinner
- seat about 80 for a presentation
- host 100 for a reception drinks
Q. We are planning a small business meeting will your barns feel too big?
A. Depending on the size of your meeting we have the elegant Byre with a stunning view down the valley or, The Oak Barn is divided by historic walls which equip it to accommodate small meetings as well as larger meetings.
Q. Do you have a microphone and PA system?
A. The Byre has wonderful acoustics so that you do not need a microphone or PA system. The Oak Barn has a PA system with a wireless microphone for your use.
Q. Can we live stream the meeting or conference to delegates unable to attend?
A. Yes, we have Wifi in both barns and, if necessary, we can put you in touch with an audio visual company to assist you.
Q. What is available at your venue?
- Choice of two stunning Grade II listed barns with a terrace and a courtyard, set in Kent's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Terrace with views down the valley and across our wildlife pond, and a secluded courtyard for your reception
- A picturesque pond with a waterfall and pontoon
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen (to be used by commercial caterers only)
- Seating for a presentation in The Byre or on The Byre’s terrace
- Outdoor furniture on The Byre’s terrace
- Barstools and four high oak tables on the terrace outside The Byre or by the bar in The Oak Barn
- Five sets of tables and chairs on Weaver’s Cottage’s terrace
- The option to add a 9m x 9m marquee on the south side of The Oak Barn, if additional space is required
- The option to add a 9m x 6m marquee on The Byre’s terrace, if additional space is required
- High tech mood lighting system in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- High tech PA and sound system with microphone in The Oak Barn
- High tech sound system in The Byre
- Wifi in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- Under floor heating in both barns
- Contemporary log burner in The Oak Barn
- Air cooling and heat extraction system in The Oak Barn
- Onsite parking
- Both barns are licensed for alcohol and music
- No corkage
- Vat included
Q. Do you have catering?
A. We do not have an inhouse caterer, but we do have fantastic local caterers who can assist you with all your needs.
Q. Do you supply tables and chairs for a meeting, conference or meal?
A. Tables and chairs for your meeting, conference or meal need to be hired.
Q. Do you have a bar?
A. We do have a bar for your use, which Tim lovingly created from oak from our felled tree. If you would like a pay bar, please ask your caterer, choose from one of our suppliers or feel free to source your own.
Q. Do you charge corkage?
A. We do not believe corkage is fair so we do not make the charge and we do not allow any suppliers to charge it either.
Q. Can we have music?
A. Yes, we have a Bose sound system in The Oak Barn as well as in The Byre and on The Byre's terrace. Please ensure that you have nominated someone to be in charge of your music and that your playlist has been downloaded, just in case!
Q. Do you have disabled access?
A. Yes, the barns, courtyard and parking areas have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn a fully equipped disabled toilet for wheelchair users. 5 Weaver’s Cottage is also wheelchair accessible.
Q. What time can our dinner following our meeting go on until?
A. We are licensed for music and alcohol until 11:00pm, your delegates then have half an hour to say their goodbyes if not staying on site in Weaver’s Cottages.
Q. Do you have noise restrictions?
A. Yes, if you are having amplified music all doors do need to be closed. You and your guests are welcome to come and go, the doors will just swing shut behind them.
Q. Can we decorate the barns?
A. Absolutely, but please run your ideas past us first to ensure they are within health and safety guidelines.
Q. Can cars be left overnight?
A. Absolutely, non-resident guests can leave their cars but we ask that they are collected by 10:30am the next morning.
Q. Do you have accommodation at the farm?
A. Yes, we have 9 bedrooms (11 beds) in our five luxurious Weaver's Cottages, which are across the courtyard from The Oak Barn. There is also an excellent selection of accommodation walking distance from the farm, and in the surrounding areas from Airbnb to boutique hotels.
Q. What time is check in and check out?
A. Check in is 3pm and check out is 10am.
Q. What is included in Weaver's Cottages?
- A one bedroom cottage and four two bedroom cottages have a total of 9 bedrooms (7 king/double rooms and 2 twin rooms)
- 1 Weaver's Cottage has a king room and twin room
- 2 Weaver's Cottage has a double room and a twin room
- 3 and 4 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 5 Weaver's Cottage has a king room
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living space in each cottage
- Shower room in 1-4 Weaver’s Cottages
- Bathroom with walk in shower and bath in 5 Weaver’s Cottage
- Dressing tables with makeup light and mirror
- Smart TV with freeview
- Towels and linen in all cottages
- Iron and ironing board
Q. When can we come and view the farm?
A. You are welcome to visit, so please contact Tim or Deana to arrange.
Q. How long will you hold a date for us?
A. We are happy to hold a date for you for a couple of weeks whilst you speak to our caterers, and we will always give you first refusal.
Q. What is the payment process?
- £1,000 non-refundable booking fee is required at the time of booking to reserve your date. This is held for a 14 day cooling off period and to allow for the preparation and signing of the contract
- Final balance due 3 months before your meeting/conference date
- A week before your meeting/conference we will require a security deposit