What We Do
Funerals & Celebrations Of Life In Kent & East Sussex
In the heart of Kent's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Frame Farm is a quiet and idyllic place for your loved ones' celebration of life, memorial or wake.
The Oak Barn is a stunning vaulted threshing barn with an intimate feel that can seat a large number comfortably or, for a smaller service, The Byre and terrace is perfect with its tranquil views down the valley. Adjacent to The Byre, the pond which is our wildlife haven, provides an ideal place for quiet reflection. Combined with a warm welcome and personal service we are confident that your farewell event will be a beautiful affair.
Please contact Tim or Deana for further details or to arrange a viewing.
Q. Where can we host our loved one’s funeral or celebration of life?
A. We have two contrasting barns for you to choose from:
- THE OAK BARN’S spectacular high-vaulted roof and rustic beams envelop you in its historic charm and character. Natural daylight floods the barns through floor to ceiling glass doors, which open onto the courtyard
- With its simple elegance and all encompassing views, THE BYRE and its terrace are the perfect place to pause and reflect on the tranquil sheep fields and wildlife pond
Q. Can we hold the funeral or celebration of life outside?
A. Yes, funerals can be conducted wherever you wish. In good weather you can seat guests on The Byre’s terrace with its tranquil views down the valley and across the wildlife pond.
Q. What happens if it rains on the day?
A. A final decision will be made between Tim or Deana and yourself that morning.
Q. How many guests can we invite?
A. The Oak Barn can seat about 150 with more standing. The Byre can seat about 100 guests inside and about 130 if you are seating your guests outside on the terrace.
Q. Can we have music?
A. Yes, we have a Bose sound system in The Oak Barn as well as in The Byre and on The Byre's terrace. Please ensure that you have nominated someone to be in charge of your music and that your playlist has been downloaded, just in case!
Q. What is the capacity of The Oak Barn?
A. We can seat 134 guests for a meal and host about 200 for a standing reception.
Q. What is the capacity of The Byre?
A. We can seat up to 50 guests for a meal and host about 100 for a standing reception.
Q. We are planning a small funeral or celebration of life, will your barns feel too big?
A. Depending on the size of your funeral we have the elegant Byre with a stunning view down the valley or, The Oak Barn is divided by historic walls which can ensure an intimate feel.
Q. Can you put us in contact with a celebrant to officiate the service?
A. We know some lovely celebrants who would be happy to assist you.
Q. What is available at your venue?
- Choice of two stunning Grade II listed barns with a terrace and a courtyard, set in Kent's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Terrace with views down the valley and across our wildlife pond, and a secluded courtyard for your reception
- A picturesque pond with a waterfall and pontoon for a peaceful stroll
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen (to be used by commercial caterers only)
- Seating and furniture for a service in The Byre or on The Byre’s terrace
- Outdoor furniture, barstools and tables on the terrace outside The Byre
- Five sets of tables and chairs on Weaver’s Cottage’s terrace
- The option to add a 9m x 9m marquee on the south side of The Oak Barn, if additional space is required
- The option to add a 9m x 6m marquee on The Byre’s terrace, if additional space is required
- High tech mood lighting system in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- High tech PA and sound system with microphone in The Oak Barn
- High tech sound system in The Byre
- Wifi in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- Under floor heating in both barns
- Contemporary log burner in The Oak Barn with a basket of wood
- Air cooling and heat extraction system in The Oak Barn
- Onsite parking
- Both barns are licensed for alcohol and music
- No corkage
- Vat included
Q. Do you have catering?
A. We do not have an inhouse caterer but we do have a few local caterers who can assist you with all your needs.
Q. Do you have disabled access?
A. Yes, the barns, courtyard and parking areas have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn a fully equipped disabled toilet for wheelchair users. 5 Weaver’s Cottage is also wheelchair accessible.
Q. Do you supply tables and chairs for a meal?
A. Tables and chairs for a seated reception need to be hired.
Q. Do you have a microphone and PA system?
A. The Byre has wonderful acoustics so that you do not need a microphone or PA system. The Oak Barn has a PA system with a wireless microphone for your use.
Q. Can we live stream the funeral to guests unable to attend?
A. Yes, we have Wifi in both barns and, if necessary, we can put you in touch with an audio visual company to assist you.
Q. Do you have a bar?
A. We do have a bar for your use, which Tim lovingly created from oak from our felled tree.
Q. Do you charge corkage?
A. No, we do not charge corkage.
Q. Can we bring pets?
A. We are a working farm so we cannot allow pets to roam but we are happy to discuss them joining you for your service.
Q. Can we have candles?
A. We do not allow any naked flames but you are welcome to use LED candles. If the candles are for use in the service itself, please do discuss with us.
Q. Do you have accommodation at the farm?
A. Yes, we can sleep up to 18 guests in our five luxurious Weaver's Cottages, which is across the courtyard from The Oak Barn. There is also an excellent selection of accommodation walking distance from the farm, and in the surrounding areas from Airbnb to boutique hotels.
Q. What time is check in and check out?
A. Check in is 3pm and check out is 10am.
Q. What is included in Weaver's Cottages?
- A one bedroom cottage and four two bedroom cottages, which can accommodate up to 18 people in 9 bedrooms (7 double rooms and 2 twin rooms)
- 1 Weaver's Cottage has a king room and twin room
- 2 Weaver's Cottage has a double room and a twin room
- 3 and 4 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 5 Weaver's Cottage has a king room
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living space in each cottage
- Shower room in 1-4 Weaver’s Cottages
- Bathroom with walk in shower and bath in 5 Weaver’s Cottage
- Dressing tables with makeup light and mirror
- Smart TV with freeview
- Towels and linen in all cottages
- Iron and ironing board
Viewings, Prices, Booking
Q. When can we come and view the farm?
A. You are welcome to visit, so please contact Tim or Deana to arrange.
- The Oak Barn is £900 for 4 hours and £100 for each additional hour
- The Byre, its terrace and pond is £650 for 4 hours and £50 for each additional hour
Q. What is the payment process?
A. A £200 deposit, with the return of your booking agreement, secures your date. After the funeral or celebration of life you will receive our final invoice.