What We Do
Anniversaries & Parties
Create your bespoke party at The Oak Barn, Frame Farm - be it a lavish banquet, intimate gathering or relaxed rustic affair, our exclusive use farm, featuring two spectacularly restored barns and a weaving house, is the ultimate venue for your celebration.
The awe-inspiring Oak Barn has a magnificent high vaulted roof, glass frontage overlooking the courtyard, underfloor heating and a cosy wood burning stove. The lighting is sophisticated yet simple to use, there is a linked PA and sound system and wifi throughout - every modern convenience carefully incorporated into a listed threshing barn.
With classic elegance and tranquil views, The Byre offers a graceful space perfectly suited for more intimate receptions, or it can be transformed into an entertainment room for children. The secluded terrace, waterfall and lily pond are a wildlife haven and perfect for a celebratory drink. A lovely place to watch the sun set before heading to the main barn.
And at the end of the evening beds for you and your guests await in Weaver's Cottages, a perfect end to a perfect day. With views across the surrounding sheep pasture you will love the magic of this historic setting whatever the season. Combined with a warm welcome and personal service we are confident that your event will exceed all expectations.
Please contact Tim or Deana for further details or to arrange a viewing.
Q. Where can we host our party?
A. We have two contrasting barns for you to choose from, or you are welcome to use both, one for your drinks reception and the other for your meal and dancing:
- THE OAK BARN’S spectacular high-vaulted roof and rustic beams envelop you in its historic charm and character. Natural daylight floods the barns through floor to ceiling glass doors, which open onto the courtyard
- With its simple elegance and all encompassing views, THE BYRE and its terrace are the perfect place to host your party
Q. Can we hold a party or celebration outside?
A. Yes, in good weather you can seat guests on The Byre’s terrace with its beautiful views down the valley and across the wildlife pond.
Q. What happens if it rains on the day?
A. A final decision will be made between Tim or Deana and yourself that morning.
Q. What is the capacity of The Oak Barn?
A. We can seat 134 guests for a meal and host about 200 for a standing reception.
Q. What is the capacity of The Byre?
A. We can seat up to 50 guests for a meal and host about 100 for a standing reception.
Q. We are planning a small dinner party, will your barns feel too big?
A. Depending on the size of your party we have the elegant Byre with stunning views down the valley or, The Oak Barn is divided by historic walls which can ensure an intimate feel.
Q. Can we have music?
A. Yes, we have a Bose sound system in The Oak Barn as well as in The Byre and on The Byre's terrace. Please ensure that you have nominated someone to be in charge of your music and that your playlist has been downloaded, just in case!
Q. Can you put us in touch with a band or DJ?
A. We know some great bands and DJs who would be happy to assist you.
Q. What is available at your venue?
- Two stunning Grade II listed reception barns and 5 cottages, set in Kent's Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Terrace with views down the valley and across our wildlife pond, and a secluded courtyard for your reception
- Fully equipped commercial kitchen in The Oak Barn (to be used by commercial caterers only)
- Outside cooking area adjacent to The Byre and its terrace
- 20 oak benches (three are 1.85m and 17 are 2m), two oak tables, four tall oak bar tables with eight tall stools, and a movable oak bar all made from a dead oak felled at Frame Farm in 2016
- Outdoor sofa set with table on the terrace outside The Byre
- Five sets of tables and chairs on Weaver’s Cottage’s terrace
- The option to add a 9m x 9m marquee on the south side of The Oak Barn, if additional space is required
- The option to add a 9m x 6m marquee on The Byre’s terrace, if additional space is required
- High tech mood lighting system in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- High tech PA and sound system with microphone in The Oak Barn
- High tech sound system in The Byre
- Wifi in The Byre and The Oak Barn
- Under floor heating in both barns
- Contemporary log burner in The Oak Barn with a basket of wood
- Air cooling and heat extraction system in The Oak Barn
- Onsite parking
- Both barns are licensed for alcohol and music
- No corkage
- Vat included
Q. Do you have catering?
A. We do not have an inhouse caterer, but we do have fantastic local caterers who can assist you with all your needs.
Q. Do you have disabled access?
A. Yes, the barns, courtyard and parking areas have sloped access throughout. The Byre has an ambulant disabled toilet and The Oak Barn a fully equipped disabled toilet for wheelchair users. 5 Weaver’s Cottage is also wheelchair accessible.
Q. Do you supply tables and chairs?
A. No, tables and chairs for your reception will need to be hired as there are so many different types for you to choose from.
Q. Do you have a microphone and PA system?
A. The Byre has wonderful acoustics so that you do not need a microphone or PA system. The Oak Barn has a PA system with a wireless microphone for your use.
Q. Do you have a bar?
A. We have a bar which Tim lovingly created from our felled oak tree. If you would like a pay bar, please ask your caterer, choose from one of our suppliers or feel free to source your own.
Q. Do you charge corkage?
A. We do not believe corkage is fair so we do not make this charge and we do not allow any suppliers to charge it either.
Q. What time can we party until?
A. We are licensed for music and alcohol until 11:00pm except for New Year's Eve when we are licensed until 1:00am, your guests then have half an hour to say their goodbyes.
Q. Do you have noise restrictions?
A. Yes, once the amplified music begins all doors do need to be closed. You and your guests are welcome to come and go, the doors will just swing shut behind them.
Q. Can we have fireworks?
A. No, we are a working farm, as are many of our neighbours, and fireworks would scare the animals.
Q. Can we have Chinese lanterns?
A. No, not only do we have our own fire safety issues, but the debris impacts on locals and farmland. This is as recommended by the Country Land Association.
Q. Can we decorate the barns?
A. Absolutely, but please run your ideas past us first to ensure they are within health and safety guidelines.
Q. Can we have candles?
A. We do not allow any naked flames, but you are welcome to use LED candles.
Q. Can cars be left overnight?
A. Absolutely, non-resident guests can leave their cars but we ask that they are collected by 10:30am the next morning.
Q. Do you have accommodation at the farm?
A. Yes, we can sleep up to 18 guests in our five luxurious Weaver's Cottages, which is across the courtyard from The Oak Barn. There is also an excellent selection of accommodation walking distance from the farm, and in the surrounding areas from Airbnb to boutique hotels.
Q. What time is check in and check out?
A. Check in is 3pm and check out is 10am.
Q. What is included in Weaver's Cottages?
- A one bedroom cottage and four two bedroom cottages, which can accommodate up to 18 people in 9 bedrooms (7 double rooms and 2 twin rooms)
- 1 Weaver's Cottage has a king room and twin room
- 2 Weaver's Cottage has a double room and a twin room
- 3 and 4 Weaver's Cottages have a king room and double room
- 5 Weaver's Cottage has a king room
- Open plan kitchen, dining and living space in each cottage
- Shower room in 1-4 Weaver’s Cottages
- Bathroom with walk in shower and bath in 5 Weaver’s Cottage
- Dressing tables with makeup light and mirror
- Smart TV with freeview
- Towels and linen in all cottages
- Iron and ironing board
Viewings and Booking
Q. When can we come and view the farm?
A. You are welcome to visit, so please contact Tim or Deana to arrange.
Q. How long will you hold a date for us?
A. We are happy to hold a date for you for a couple of weeks whilst you speak to our caterers, and we will always give you first refusal.
Q. What is the payment process?
- £1,000 non-refundable booking fee is required at the time of booking to reserve your date. This is held for a 14 day cooling off period and to allow for the preparation and signing of the contract
- Final balance due 3 months before your party date
- A week before your party we will require a security deposit